As you know I’m leaving for New York in the AM, so I’m gonna make this fast. It’s not that I’m going to bed, I just don’t feel like writing a whole lot, so here goes!
What did I buy?!
- Blue stand up makeup mirror - I’ve wanted one for a while and they’re all like $40 at Walmart and Target, this is simple and a pretty good size, for a dollar it can’t be beat!
- Set of 2 blue organizers - Watched emilynoel83’s college girl makeup storage video and I knew I needed more, but I figured I would pick some up and also bring some from home (to UF) to organize my makeup. So excited!
- LA Colors Lipstick in Satin - Super pretty nude color, I tried it with ELF eyeshadow primer on my lips and it was so pretty!
- LA Colors 6 eyeshadow palette in Precious - FAVE thing I got, the bottom 3 colors are stunning and this is so pigmented. Definitely using on my trip in NY!!
- ELF Studio eyeshadow single in Coffee (I think) - YES, STUDIO! At the DOLLAR store!! The studio line runs for $3 a piece, they had 3 colors but they were all similar so I just bought the pretty brown I liked best. I will get the other 2 some day! I couldn’t believe my luck, it’s so super expensive looking, I love the Studio packaging!
- 2 books for babies, Bryan’s Christmas gift! - Love these they are so cute and adorable, one is a baby Sesame Street book and one is a Mickey book teaching shapes (that has a part for babies to hold and walk around) I think he’s gonna love it for his 3rd Christmas. I hope he reads them c: <33
- Now, these are from Sally’s, that’s all for the Dollar Store. I will say I was super disappointed cause they had $3 bottles of perfume and cologne and I wanted a Men’s Curve for my baby but they didn’t have any left. I was so sad I asked so many employees. They had women’s left… :(
- Pack of 12 smaller alligator clips - Love the size so I just scooped em up! My mom already stole a few, LOL
- Sally Girl 3 color eyeshadow - I bought this for the green to do a nice Christmas look when in NY, but I have to admit the 3 colors are so cute if paired with the right crease and highlight colors. I swatched them and the blue is by far the most pigmented, so I’m gonna do a nice look with that soon. It was only 99 cents, not the best eyeshadow from what I can tell so far, but worth it for sure.
That’s all, I’ll update on the way everything is once I use it, as usual! (:
Dollar store & Sally’s haul!!
So today I tried out the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and the PureStay powder foundation (as a powder over the dream matte mousse) and lemme just say it was amazing! I think I found my HG routine! And I found it at Big Lots for $2 a piece!! I hope they have it in my color forever! I’m so happy I didn’t even have to reapply powder at ALL during an almost 6 hour shift! I usually have to reapply at least 2-3 times at work, I was so surprised (: and I have the new ELF powder for touch ups at work if I need it. Here’s my face routine now:
- Always wash face/exfoliate
- Moisturize! Moisturize some more!
- Coastal Scents Camo Quad, use light brown then tan brown to cover scars
- Dream matte mousse everywhere and blend (which is super easy to do!) and into neck
- Lightly tap PureStay everywhere evenly
- That’s it ((((:
On another note, Milani finally got my order to me…. and half of it was missing.
I bought more than this, things for my boyfriend (Borat DVD and Star Wars decal sticker), but these are the products I bought for my first haul! (:
Things I bought (& initial reactions!):
- Secret Life of the American Teenager (Season One) - $3.00 ; This show was an accidental discovery, and me and my boyfriend absolutely love to hate it. It’s so amazing because it’s so FULL of drama and it’s ridiculous to watch and comprehend. But I love it. It’s my daily dose of awesomeness and even though I have Netflix, I know I won’t have it one day and I’ll DEFINITELY want to watch this!
- La Vida Loca (Viva La Juicy Impression Perfume) 3 Piece Set: Perfume, Shower Gel & Body Lotion - $3.50 ; Oh, my gosh. This smells AMAZING! I read online that it smells better than Viva La Juicy which I always wanted to buy but am not willing to drop the cash on it.. This is perfect! So super excited to wear it everyday.
- Large Eyeshadow Brush - $1.00 ; Love this because I’ve been looking for the ELF blending eye brush, but it’s not at Big Lots or Target. This seemed like a good sub!
- Maybelline Cool Effect: Cooling Shadow/Liner (In #37 On The Rocks) - $1.00 ; This is a very pretty brown metallic sparkly color, I had to try it!
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation (In Tan/Dark 1) - $2.00 ; I’ve always wanted to try this, I swatched it on my arm in the store and it was very pigmented and heavy which I like. Can’t wait to try it over my Coastal Scents concealer, with the PureStay over it.
- Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation (In 110 Tan) - $2.00 ; Love this, it had amazing reviews on Youtube and on MakeupAlley so I had to try it for 2 bucks I couldn’t go wrong. I have to admit I’m skeptical about the fact that there’s a powder foundation out there.. But I think if it works like everyone says it does, I’d be SO happy!
Can’t wait to test these out and see how they hold up! And then if I like them, I hope my (new) local Big Lots has them in stock when I need them again! If I like it, I’m going back ASAP to stock up!